Welcome to the Homepage of the
RAF Elsham Wolds Association
Royal Air Force Elsham Wolds was situated on the Lincolnshire Wolds north of Barnetby le Wold in North Lincolnshire.
During World War 1 the site was part of the Fighter Defence Chain and home to C Flight of 33 Squadron.
During World War 2 it was the home of 103 Squadron and 576 Sq RAF Bomber Command. 100 Squadron operated from Elsham Wolds for a short time at the end of the war. In 1946 a No 21 Heavy Glider Conversion Unit of Transport Command took over the base for a year.
The airfield was then closed in 1947 and reverted to agricultural use. In later years part of the site has been put to light industrial and warehouse use. There is also a large water treatment works on one corner of the site.
The RAF Elsham Wolds Association was formed in the late 70s by veterans who flew from or served at Elsham Wolds and has been in being in various incarnations ever since.
This site is the property of David W Fell. All content is copyright of David W Fell. No item may be used for commercial gain without the explicit permission of the David W Fell.
General and Membership Enquiries - The Secretary, RAF Elsham Wolds Assn, 18 Carr Lane, Escrick, York, North Yorks, YO19 6JQ. E mail - J P Mackay